Thursday, July 30, 2015

Floral polka dot midi and my Sheinside experience




 
Top-old  option  option  option
skirt- Shein (Sheinside)  option  option  option
shoes- Belks  option  option  option
clutch- thrifted
necklace- Sears  option  option
bracelet- Ann Taylor     option
sunnies- Loft      option
Worn July 19, 2015
 
Let me just get right to the point and tell you about my awful experience with Shein. It was Sheinside at the time of my purchase so I hope lots of things changed with the name. I ordered this skirt back in March. It took me a few months to get around to wearing it. Maybe I've been holding my grudge against the skirt. Anyway,  I see lots of bloggers posting Sheinside products with good reviews,  so I thought I'd give them a try. I'm not part of their affiliate or blogger program and I have to question those who are after this experience. I ordered two skirts and a blazer. I thought the other skirt was too long and full for me and the blazer just didn't quite fit. The policy on the website says "free returns" so I put in a ticket for my return label. Imagine my surprise when I got a response that indicated I would be paying for return shipping. Um NO that's not what the site says.
So, I get a label and mail the items back to them. OVER A MONTH LATER, I am emailing to point out that tracking shows they have had  the items back for over a month and they still have not refunded me. That is poor customer service and I will likely not do business with them again.
 
I got lots of compliments on this skirt and outfit, but if you take a close look, the quality is poor. The stitching in the hem in crooked and backstitched in many places. Looks like some of my own sewing. I paid someone else for this. Although, I didn't really pay much so truth to the old saying "You get what you pay for."

Linking up here: