Friday, January 19, 2018

Plaid and pearls and Five for Friday

Plaid and pearls has always been a favorite combination for me. I love dressing up a plaid shirt with a pearl necklace.







Cardigan- JCPenney  option  option  option
shirt- Old Navy option  option  option
velvet pants- JCPenney  option  option
necklace- old  option  option
purse- Kohls     option
boots- Target (old)  option  option

I also like taking a piece that you might wear more dressed up and dressing it down a little, like these velvet pants. This is a fun mix of dressy and casual.

So, we've made it to Friday! Here are five random things for you:

1. Target has swimsuits featured on their website this week. Um- most of the country has been at freezing or below temps again this week, so I'd say this is an ill timed ad campaign. I'm certainly not thinking about swimsuits when it's in the 20s here and I'm still happily hiding those holiday pounds under cozy sweaters. But, this suit is cute. I guess if you plan to escape the cold with a tropical vacation, you might want a swimsuit right now.

2. Speaking of holiday pounds, we are still sticking with the Whole30. Last week I shared five thoughts on this process. 

3. One of my favorite Whole 30 meals comes from the book Well Fed. It's a mix of ground beef, zucchini, tomatoes, coconut milk and red curry paste. One pan is all you need. Serve over riced cauliflower. (of course you need one more pan for that!)

4. Speaking of pans- we had worn out our non-stick fry pan and everything was sticking. We have replaced it with a Green pan. Everything slides out like butter and it cleans up so easily!

5.  We finally got all of the Christmas decorations back in the attic Monday. Now I just have to get the Christmas theme table decor in the dining room swapped out. Am I the only one running this far behind with putting up the Christmas stuff?

Have a great weekend!


Linking up here:

                                                 



   Weekend Wear *