Friday, May 23, 2014

Aztec track pants





Shirt- Forever21 option option option
shoes- Macys option option
necklace- JCPenney option option
worn May 17, 2014
 
I bought this shirt last week at Forever21 when I had a chance to go to a store. It comes in other colors (cobalt, red) but I cannot find it online. I have been looking for a perforated or open weave piece to add to my wardrobe and this one fit my needs.
 
Now let's talk more about these pants. I bought them on the same trip. I was not trying to create an outfit with the two pieces, but they work together for a sporty chic look. What I was looking for was a pair of "soft pants". When track pants hit the scene, I instantly said "no" to myself. Just one of those pieces that no matter how you wear them, they are still what they are- track pants, and track pants are not an item of fashionable wear (like flip flops- sorry ladies, well talk about that later.) I was not going to go there. But I was growing more interested in a soft flowy pair of pants. About 15 years ago, I had a pair- black with a little flower print- and I wore them ALL THE TIME. I LOVED THEM. So comfortable and easy to dress up or down. So I definitely wanted to get back in on that trend (isn't it funny how trends come around in 10, 15, 20 or even 30  year waves?)
I found some pants that I liked in the juniors department (should I admit that? I'm 40.) The funny thing is I ended up liking the elastic bottom ones that are like track pants more than the others. So here you have it, I'm wearing track pants. And they are so comfortable, I think I'm in pajamas.
 
Linking up here:
 
Manic Monday* Monday Mingle