Friday, February 3, 2017

Leopard and pink



 
Cardigan- thrifted via Poshmark  option  option
blouse- Ross  option  option  option
pants- Loft  option  option
booties- TJMaxx  option  option  option
necklace- Kendra Scott
earrings- JCPenney  option  option
 
Well, this has been quite a tumultuous week for our country. The saddest part of what is going on right now for me is seeing Christians divided among each other. One of the bloggers I follow posted a personal view/ call to action on Instagram stating that she believes that the immigration ban goes against everything Jesus has taught. That opened up lots of comments and criticism. It most disturbed me that Christians  were divided. More division is not what we need right now. Division and turmoil puts us right where those that seek to harm us want us.
 
Some folks responded that they were unfollowing her right away because they followed for fashion tips and outfits and not politics. Others said they couldn't believe bloggers could just post about clothes and happy and frivoulous things right now and not use their voice to speak up. So let me clarify for those of you following me- this will not become a political platform. And just because I don't talk about what is going on in the country or share my political views, doesn't mean I don't care about others. I also realize that people have been persecuted, suffered, have been hungry, etc world wide for a very long time. Did folks just become concerned because the media sensationalized an issue, or because they don't like a particular person?
 
 One, I work in a position where I cannot actively campaign for one candidate or the other in any level of election, so I also have to be careful about other political issues I become involved in, less it cast negative light on the organization I work for. I'm also forbidden from discussing what I do and where I work in social media, and I do like a paycheck, so I refrain. It's also for my families safety that I don't talk a lot about exactly what I do for a living.  Two, I choose for this to continue to be what I started- a little fashion diary of what I wear that helps me grow and hopefully inspires you in what you wear and looking your best. I like to escape the news and turn to social media for fun, not more politics and crap. So, if you want to talk about clothes and fashion, stick with me.
 
I'm all about the pinks and reds right now. I'm so easily swayed when it comes to the frivolous things like that. It's 11 days to Valentine's Day so every good blogger should be wearing and posting pink and red right now, right?  This is a recent work outfit, so if you want to pull pinks and reds into your work attire, follow suit. You could also make this date night appropriate by swapping out the trousers for grey or black skinny jeans. I love leopard with most anything, but find it works well with pink and red.
 
Hope you have a great weekend.
 
Follow me on Instagram.
Linking up here: