Tuesday, December 27, 2016

How to wear leggings at any age





Sweater- JCP  option  option  option
leggings- Sears (old) option    option     option  
vest- Macys
necklace- JCP  option  option
earrings- JCP  option
boots-   Naturalizer
 
 
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family, friends, gifts and good food. And if your family Christmas isn't a Norman Rockwell poster (ours isn't) I hope you tolerated it and had some time for yourself. I took it easy yesterday just to recover from the busyness of the weekend.
 
Ever wonder how to wear leggings beyond lounging around the house? Ever think you are too old? I'm over 40 and really just got into wearing them this year. I purchased a couple of pair two or three years ago, but have only been wearing them regularly this season. There are a couple of rules. 1. Get a good thick pair. No thins leggings stretched beyond their capacity allowed. NO underwear can show through. 2. Cover your bum! I don't care how old or young you are, cover your bum! Leggings are not pants, so cover it up.
 
Once you've got these two rules down, you can wear them any way you want. Wear them with tunics, long sweaters, short dresses, boots, booties, sneakers, whatever. Layer vests, scarves, or cardigans. Here my vest is actually what's covering my bum. I would not go out in just this sweater and leggings. The length of the vest was needed in the back. It also added a nice touch of color.
 
How do you wear your leggings?
 
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin
Linking up here: