Friday, July 24, 2015

The unworn list



 
Top- JCPenney  option  option
skirt- thrifted  option  option
necklace- Banana Republic  option  option
shoes- Payless  option option option
worn July 12, 2015
 
I have a list of unworn items in my closet. Some are new items and some are older items that I didn't wear last year. You know how they say if you haven't worn it in a year, it needs to go. I struggle with that because I can't wear some of these items to work, so they are for weekend or Sunday only. That's only 52 opportunities. Cut that down to about half for each season and the opportunities are less. That means I don't really need some of these pieces, but I love them anyway so they hang around (pun intended).
 
This silk maxi skirt was on the list. I picked it up for $5 at our local thrift store last summer. LAST SUMMER- oops. I didn't wear it until recently. Don't let the bright color throw you. It will pair nicely with lots of neutrals, including chambray and leopard. I started with grey. This silk tee was a clearance purchase a few years ago and has seen a good bit of recent wear. I seem to rotate through things that way. This tee is one of those great items that can be worn for work or play.
 
Hope you have a great weekend. Linking up here: