Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boyfriends and oxfords





Shirt- JCrew Factory  option  option
jeans- Loft
necklace- gift
shoes- JCPenney  option
Worn Oct. 28, 2014
 
I started the day in this blouse with a navy suit and heels for work, but had a half day off for an appointment. I went home and changed into these comfy boyfriend jeans and oxfords. I fought the boyfriend jeans trend up until I finally purchased these in the spring. The first pair had no distressing. The distressing finally won over on me and I purchased this pair. They have minimal distressing but still lend themselves to a put together look (vs "thrown away"). Some gals do a great job of styling jeans with both knees torn and lots of holes, but I just don't think they fit my lifestyle and activities.
 
I also fought the oxford trend when it first came back. I had a pair of white ones when I was 13. (I'm over 40 now.) All of those trends from my awkward teen years were just too much of a reminder of those years to embrace right away. However, add some shine or sparkle, and I'm in. I got this pair during a sale with coupons for $15 so I think I'll get my cost per wear from them, even though they were bought just for fun.

Linking up here: