Sunday, March 30, 2014

Gingham, florals and two ways to wear a skirt




Shirt- Jones New York/ TJMaxx similar
skirt- Old Navy (old) similar
shoes- Payless similar
necklace- Our World Boutique similar
Worn March 23, 2014
 
We had spring like temps last Sunday so I busted out the florals, gingham and new sandals. I bought this shirt last year to wear with a floral skirt, but the color was not close enough to properly print mix. So, the shirt was worn with jeans and then hung in the closet. One day while just browsing around in my closet, these two pieces caught my eye and I thought, well look, this shirt goes with that skirt. Saved! Used for it's original purpose. Of course, it can be worn many other ways, I just wanted to mix prints.
 
I got many compliments on this outfit at church. I was rather surprised. While I liked my look, I didn't expect anyone else to pay much attention. I wish the photos did this more justice. The lighting in this spot is really bright and bounces and reflects in all directions because of the concrete. I like this spot, but I'm having to work hard to learn to control the lighting so everything isn't so washed out. Thus, outfit photos turn into photography lessons.
 
And speaking of print mixing, let's talk about REmixing. This skirt has become a favorite of mine because it lends itself to so many outfits. A couple of years ago I used it as a transitional piece. (May have to do that again if we have another dip into the 30s like last week.)