Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Olive and navy






 
 
Jacket- JCPenney  option
pants- JCPenney
blouse- Target  option  option
earrings - Kendra Scott
shoes- TJMaxx  option  option 
 
As soon as I bought this olive blouse last fall, I knew that I would wear it with navy. Olive and navy are  such a great pairing. I chose to accessorize it with this beautiful square silk scarf from GYPO. Let me tell you a little about this scarf. It's 100% silk and made in the USA. The artwork is by Chioma Ebinama. It truly is wearable art. And my favorite thing about it- a portion of the profits are donated to help women and children in domestic violence situations at the Genesis Women's Shelter and Support in Dallas, Texas. I love it when my purchases pay it forward in some way. It's a little known fact to most people in my world today, but long before I met my wonderful husband, I was a victim of domestic violence and abuse. I was previously married and it was a bad situation. Fortunately, I had a strong family support system and resources available to me, and I was able to get out of that marriage. However, for many women in these situations, the resources aren't there. For this reason, such organizations hold a special place in my heart and I'm thankful Alison chose to support this cause with her line of silk scarves.
 
This scarf was gifted to me, but all opinions are my own.

Linking up here: