Monday, February 2, 2015

Red sweater again



 
Blazer-Gap option
pants-Gap
top- JCrew Factory option
sweater- Target option
shoes-Belks option
worn Jan. 27, 2015
 
 
It's the red sweater again. This time as a layer over my polka dot popover. Below are three other ways I've worn this sweater. I always seem to wear it with black but I could just as easily create this same outfit and the one below with the  pencil skirt with identical pieces in navy. Or pair it with camel or khaki or tan or...well, you get the idea. I'd say it's a pretty versatile piece.
 
 
Have you ever participated in a capsule wardrobe? There's a great explain of capsule wardrobe HERE. I sort of did that after completing my 30x30 remix for the fall season but I could not commit to just 37 pieces or even 44 or any arbitrary number that included shoes. 30x30 was tough trying to include a work wardrobe and an off duty wardrobe. So I think I basically came up with 40-50 work wear pieces that I worked through and this red sweater was one of them. So was the polka dot popover and the cobalt pants that you've seen the last three months. I'm still creating outfits from that capsule. I just didn't put it out here that I was doing that because I knew I'd deviate from it some. Our weather is too crazy as well. I doubt I could commit to a "winter" wardrobe from Jan. to March. It was 70 degrees today and by March I may have shorts out. Who knows? I was surprised that I started needing the sweaters sooner than I thought in the Oct-Dec period. All that said, it did certainly stop the shopping the last couple of months and makes life much easier to have a list of outfits to go to when I'm ready to pick an outfit for the day. What are your thoughts on capsules or wardrobe planning?

One more thing....that fur collar sweater is for sale on Poshmark if you are interested.

Linking up  here: