Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Work to Weekend- One Piece Two Ways

Good morning! Hope your New Year is going great so far. Today we are looking at taking a sweater from a work to weekend look.





One of my goals this year is to have less. Yep, LESS. Clutter is so overwhelming. I'd love to have a closet makeover but as my husband keeps pointing out, only so much will fit and all those beautiful pictures of well organized closets only have like six pieces of clothing in there. 

To meet that goal, I need to start taking a long, hard look at pieces that can be worn more than just for one occasion. I have a work wardrobe and a weekend wardrobe. I need pieces that cross over. I need to look at the ones I already have that work both ways. One of those pieces is this burgundy cowl neck sweater. I mostly just wear it for work, but it could be a great weekend piece too.  Maybe you are looking to reduce or maybe just on a "no spending January" and can use ideas to multi-task your wardrobe, so keep reading.

First is the work look:









Sweater- old- Dress Barn  option option option option 
blazer- JCrew Factory
necklace- JCrew Factory  option option  option option
shoes- Lifestride  option  option  option
earrings- gold hoops (old) option

This sweater gives a nice pop of color to the neutral browns. 

Now for the weekend look:

I paired this sweater with cream corduroys, a cape and riding boots. A tassel necklace from Harper and Jewels and some Kendra Scott earrings complete the look. (Be sure to check out Harper and Jewels after Christmas clearance- 60% off- and new arrivals. Save 15% extra with code SOUTHERNCHIC).






Cape/poncho - Macy's (old)  option  option  option  option option
sweater- old (Dress Barn)
pants- JCPenney (old)  option  option  option  option
boots- Lifestride (old)  option  option  option
earrings- Kendra Scott via Rocksbox
TRY ROCKSBOX FREE FOR ONE MONTH CODE FONDABFF


I love this sweater and I'm so glad I pushed myself to wear it outside of work. If you loved this post, please pin it. I hope to do more of these work to weekend outfit posts in the coming weeks and months. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see more of this. 




Thanks for sticking with this super long post!


Linking up here: