Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Cream corduroys








Tee- Old Navy-(old)  option
vest- Belk (old)  option  option  option
pants- JCPenney   option   option   option
boots- Target  option  option  option
necklace- Kendra Scott via Rocksbox   similar
 
I'm not sure how I feel about these cream corduroys. I purchased the GYPO Winter Style Challenge and played along with a couple of outfits. Cream corduroys were part of the list. I love the look of them on others and with the outfits that were created with them, but I'm not sure I'm loving them on me. I also think this outfit would look better with a different black blouse or turtleneck, but since we really aren't having winter, I had to go with the tee. Corduroys are bulky and are adding a little bit too much bulk for me right now. I did a good job of adding bulk over the holidays without having my clothes do it for me, lol.
 
Speaking of added pounds, we started the Whole30 yesterday. It's not new to us and this will be the third time we've done it. Hubby is intolerant of corn and wheat, so we pretty much eat this way 80% of the time anyway. We had just let too many sugars and non-gluten grains and carbs back in our diet, so I'm hoping the clean  up will shed some pounds. You are not supposed to do this program for weight loss, or even weigh during it, so I won't weigh during the next 30 days, but still secretly hoping to be a little lighter at the end of it. I already  know I will feel better.
 
And that's about as much of a New Year's Resolution as you will get from me. I really don't make them anymore. I do have some goals for the new year, but they are really just continuing and doing better at what I'm already doing.  If I were to pick a word for the year, it would be FORWARD. Just keep moving FORWARD.  I'd like to continue to grow this blog and Instagram, and I'm going to try and do better at commenting and interacting with other blogs. I do love your comments and visits. I just find it hard to visit too many other blogs. But I am going to try to do better. Heck, just one visit and comment  a day on another blog would be better.
 
 
Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin
Linking up here: