Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pink, polka dots and pearls




Cardigan- via poshmark  option  option  option
top- TJMaxx  option  option  option
pants- JCPenney  option  option  option
shoes- TJMaxx  option  option  option
necklace- vintage  option  option  option
 
Merry Christmas Eve eve! I'm all kinds of excited that today is my Friday for the week and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it's a short day (sometimes we get dismissed a few hours early) or at least that it goes by quickly. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, baking cookies, watching Christmas movies and seeing family over the next couple of days. I know lots of folks are taking blog breaks. I don't know if I'll post or not for the rest of the week, but if I'm not back I wish you the Merriest of Christmases!
 
Pink, polka dots and pearls- what could be more girly? Lace, tulle- well, it's all a matter of opinion. My girly outfits still have to say I mean business for the office, so here's my version. I think I'd like to have a chunky pearl necklace, but I made do with this super long strand of vintage faux pearls. It belonged to my aunt and was passed to me. She had excellent taste in clothes and jewelry and was a beautiful fiery red head. I believe we would have been the best of friends, but she passed away when I was five. The necklace is long enough to layer three times, so that's what I did.

Linking up here: