Monday, July 6, 2015

Kimono trend




 
Kimono- Forever 21  option  option
tank- American Eagle Outfitters  option  option
shorts- JCPenney   option
shoes- Payless (old)  option  option
earrings- Jane.com  option  option
Worn June 27, 2015
 
Are you on board with the kimono trend? I ignored it at first, thinking it was too "young" and too impractical for me. I certainly can't wear this to work. Then it showed up on the GYPO Summer Style challenge shopping list and I said "NO." Then I saw the other ladies shopping and posting, so I started looking. Since I'm petite (short) I think a shorter one looks best. I like them if they don't hang much longer than the hem of the bottoms or dress being worn. I found this one online at Forever 21 and decided it would make a nice summer to fall neutral piece. Of course, I also searched out the looks on Pinterest before I fully decided if this is for me on not. I have some other looks pinned that I will be trying out. I also ordered a floral kimono from Jane.com and had to return it  because it was too large and there was no exchange option, so I'm still on the hunt for a floral one now that I've embraced this piece.

This outfit was Day 13 of the challenge- kimono, flowy tank, white shorts, wedges.

I spent a good chunk of my long weekend cleaning out the closet. I've listed several things on Poshmark. If you're interested, check out my Poshmark closet.

Remember the hot pink blazer and 7 ways to wear it?



It's up for grabs HERE.  Make an offer. I consider all offers over $5. Let's be real- I'm left with $2 out of a $5 sale, and that's not enough to buy a box or envelope to ship the item in. I also do bundles and discount the total by 20%.

Here are some pieces that would make a totally chic outfit paired together:



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great week!

Linking up here: