Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Undercover





Blazer- Dress Barn  option  option
blouse- thrifted  option  option  option
pants- TJMaxx  option  option  option
necklace- old  option  option
shoes- Belk   option  option  option
worn Sept. 29, 2015
 
I thrifted this top last year and just got around to wearing it (oops). I need to have a top that tucks in most days, so it hasn't been practical for work. I was determined to wear it, so I did. Most of it's detail and appeal is hidden by the blazer (thus the post title), but it's work appropriate this way. But it's also going to be a fun casual piece. When I pulled it out of the closet, it was screaming "boho" "pair me with some flare jeans." I plan to do that in the future. For now I paired it with the blazer and trousers.
 
I chose the cropped blazer to go with the style of this top. You always see the "must have" closet recommendations and sometimes a black blazer is one of them. I'm convinced you really need three black blazers, depending on the look you are going for and the style of the piece you are pairing it with. I have the cropped blazer, a boyfriend blazer, and the standard corporate one.
 
 I usually don't pull these pants out until later in the season because they are a heavy winter weight, but I'm so tired of rotating through the usual black, grey, and navy pants I wear to work. The weather has cooled off enough that I decided I could get away with wearing them now. They aren't tweed, but they have that look and I'm becoming a little obsessed with tweed for fall and winter.
 
Linking here: