Sunday, September 1, 2013

BR Inspired (and some advice)

 
                       My take                                  Inspiration
 




Shirt- Belk (similar) (similar); skirt (similar) (similar)-Sears;
shoes (similar)/bracelet-thrifted
Worn Aug. 10, 2013
 
I've been wanting to wear this outfit for quite some time, but can't go sleeveless at work. It's a recreation of a Banana Republic outfit with pieces from my closet. I love it when I see something and know instantly I have all the pieces in my closet. I finally decided to wear this on a Saturday to a funeral. It was a hot day and I thought this would be cool but still modest and appropriate.
 
Here's a little advice for you- if you haven't invested in quality camisoles and undergarments, go do it now. I usually either wear a top or jacket over a thin blouse or wear a tank underneath if necessary, but I try to avoid layers because it's so hot here.  I'm wearing a Jockey camisole under this shirt because it's thin, and I love it. I hate the way tanks add rolls and bulk underneath dresses and blouses but this is smooth and comfortable. And it breathes and I stayed cool! I wish I had made this investment years ago.
 
Linking up here: