Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Empire waist




 
Denim jacket - Old Navy
dress- gift  option  option
leggings- JCPenney  option
necklace- gift  option  option
bracelet- made by me
boots- (old) Belks  option option
worn March 1, 2015
 
I walked out of our bedroom ready for church Sunday morning wearing this and the hubby says "I just learned what an empire waist is- now I'm a women's fashion expert." Oh really? He went on to explain that the show on TV was showing that an empire waist would lengthen and make a petite person appear taller. He even explained what an empire waist was and where it fell on the garment. I said, you mean like this dress?
 
My fear with these types of dresses on my curvy figure is that is makes me look pregnant. Not a look I want. You see I noted above this dress was a gift. I would not have bought it for myself. Regardless of looks, I managed to be comfortable and stay warm on yet another cold, grey and dreary day.
 
Linking up here: