Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Work to play: 2 pieces 2 ways

 
I love having pieces that can be worn multiple ways and in multiple settings. Today we are going to talk about taking pieces from work to play, specifically this striped top and mint statement necklace. I'll  also point out a few things that make a piece more versatile.
 





Top- Banana Republic   option  option   option
Blazer- Ross  option  option
pants- Loft  option   option   option
shoes- Payless
necklace- Forever21  option  option

First I took this striped top and incorporated it into my work attire. It's probably one that I would first consider as a casual or play piece, but it can be dressed up. Striped tops work well for these transitions, but look for pieces like this one that have a little more structure, are more fitted and of thicker material. I can get away with this top at work because of the thick material.  A thin shapeless tee probably would not cut it. The mint statement necklace gives a nice subtle pop of color.



Cardigan- JCPenney  option  option  option
jeans- Loft  option
boots-  Naturalizer   option   option   option

When I got home from work, I swapped the dress pants and pumps for jeans and riding boots. I swapped the blazer to a cardigan. Instant play outfit. It's easy to convert a work outfit to a play outfit with just a few changes. You don't have to reinvent the wheel either. Stay in the same color palette you started with and you can do this effortlessly. I went with blue jeans but this would have worked with grey jeans too.


Hope you are having a fabulous week so far!


Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin

Linking up here: