Monday, April 6, 2015

37 piece spring work capsule

I've finally narrowed down my choices for a spring work capsule. I've decided to give the capsule option a go from now until June 20. I started utilizing pieces in the capsule April 1. I've finally got the pieces together to show you. Boy, was it hard. I wanted to include so many but had to keep telling myself this is just for spring and there is still summer coming. I did not want to photograph each item so I've made sets of similar or the same item from the internet. My apologies to those of you who saw my strange polyvore posts. I don't use polyvore much so it was a learning curve for me.

On to the capsule: I am going to create my work outfits from 37 pieces for the aforementioned time frame. I decided not to include casual weekend pieces in my capsule because my weekend needs fluctuate so much. I may eventually get around to settling on another casual capsule but for now I'll just play with the work wear. I did not include shoes or accessories. Those are free range. My self imposed rules are that I can swap out two pieces at the end of thirty days if these just aren't working. I'm also allowing myself to utilize pieces not in the capsule on two occasions if necessary as long as one capsule item is still included in the outfit. Want to play along? Feel free to and let me know in the comments.

Here are my choices: 11 tops
Spring tops

1. Sleeveless green top by Merona/Target - (old) pictured item is similar
2. Loft floral and butterfly top- recent Poshmark purchase pictured is similar
3.  Floral Target top- exact item
4. Coral/navy/mint chevron top- similar item pictured
5. Worthington graphic print top- exact item
6. JCrew grid print top- similar pictured  option
7. Black lace top- similar pictured
8. Chartreuse top- similar pictured
9. JCrew Factory blue stripe button up - similar pictured
10. Blush Limited top- similar pictured  option
11. Lemon Loft utility blouse- similar pictured
 
13 Bottoms:
Spring bottoms



 
 
1. Navy Merona pencil skirt -similar pictured
2. Pink Worthington pencil skirt- exact
3. Green Limited pencil skirt -similar pictured
4. Mint Limited skirt- similar pictured
5. Print Worthington pencil skirt- smiliar
6. JCrew dot pencil skirt similar pictured
7. white Loft pants- similar pictured
8. Light grey Worthington trousers- similar pictured
9. Loft trousers- exact
10. Limited navy trousers- exact
11. Loft cobalt pants -similar pictured
12. Heathered navy trousers similar pictured

12 Blazers or completer pieces- all pictured are similar

Spring toppers

 1. Black Gap blazer option
2. Light grey Worthington blazer
3. White Ann Klein blazer similar
4. Grey pinstripe blazer
5. Coral blazer  option
6. Hot pink blazer  option
7. Mint blazer  option
8 Lavender blazer
9. Beige sleeveless trench coat option
10 White vest similar
11.Mint cardigan
12. Beige pinstripe blazer option

What do you think? Would you give a capsule a try?

I link up here: