Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The classic white shirt




Blouse, pants- JCPenney
cardigan- Old Navy (clearance)
scarf- thrift store
shoes- Life Stride via TJMaxx

I have never owned a classic white button down until this year, in spite of the fact that every fashion magazine and guru says it's one of the must  have items. Oh sure, I had a few pastel button downs in the 80's as a teen but I'm not counting that. And I have had button downs in other colors and patterns as an adult, but generally I find them boring and sometimes annoying to wear. Recently I've been giving them a second chance, and I finally invested in the "classic white" button down. My wardrobe should feel so complete now.

I tied the scarf in another one of the 25 ways (you must check out the video.) I used the turtleneck tie.