Monday, January 9, 2017

How to wear the velvet trend









Sweater- Loft  option   option   option
booties- TJMaxx  option option
necklace- Kendra Scott
bracelet- Ann Taylor   option
clutch- Nordstrom   option  option   option
 
When I dip into a trend, I try to think about how I will wear the item most often and what's easiest to incorporate into my daily wardrobe. Velvet has been popular this fall and winter, and even though I have a velvet blazer I thrifted when it was popular a few years back, I decided to add another piece. For me the piece that I will likely wear the most is a pair of black velvet pants. I believe they will stay classic long after some of the more trendy velvet items phase out, ie chokers. I also tend to look for less expensive pieces when trying out trends and these ankle pants by Liz Claiborne from JCPenney fit my cost criteria.
 
I wore these pants for the first time to church on New Year's Day. I though New Year's Day deserved a special item but still wanted to stay conservative for church. Booties and a leopard clutch add a little edge to the outfit so its not just a sweater and pants. A little bling from the bracelet and a classic Kendra Scott tassel necklace with classic gold hoops finished the outfit.
 
How do you wear velvet? Have you embraced the trend? By the way, do you know it's not new? I remember my mama wearing a velvet blazer when I was little girl. I had my share of velvet dresses back then, and it came back just a few years ago. I don't know that fashion really has anything new- trends just recycle and evolve.


Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin

Linking up here: