Thursday, June 2, 2016

Shopping day outfit



 
Blouse- Ralph Lauren (thrifted)  option  option
jeans- Loft
shoes- Payless   option  option  option
necklace- online boutique  splurge   option  option
 
I had a day off last week for an out of town doctor's appointment. I knew I would be dressing and undressing so a casual button up was the way to go. Plus, doctor visits are no fun so I had to reward myself with a little shopping afterwards, and button ups make trying on clothes easier for me. No pulling shirts over the head and worrying about getting make-up on them. Easy slip on ballets flats,  a long necklace that slips easily over the head and comfy jeans complete a shopping outfit. A crossbody bag also makes hands free shopping. My bag isn't pictured because it bit the dust that day. It was promptly replaced with a new saddlebag crossbody (similar to this one in tobacco).
 
 Speaking of shopping, I walked the mall but only made two purchases- these shorts from Loft (still 50% off)  and these (in tearose, they're still on sale too) from JCPenney. You can see these from JCPenney on Instagram now and hopefully I'll be styling the striped ones soon.
 
A whole mall- and nothing really spoke to me. I guess I'm happy with my current wardrobe or just unwilling to pay full prices. I don't know. Shopping in store didn't do much for me although I have since stalked some store websites for sales on a couple of things that did catch my eye. I just found it odd that I had money saved up and spent less than $50. Maybe it just took that day to get the creative juices flowing.  Hubby and I hit a Tanger outlet last weekend and I had a field day in the Loft outlet. I've also made some Old Navy rewards purchases from the local store, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I like online shopping better than in store. What about you? How do you like to shop?
 
Linking up here: